The full agenda of the conference is located here: -Agenda-
To learn more about The University of Maryland’s Center for Integrative Medicine: Use this link to go to the Center for Integrative Medicine Founded in 1991 by Brian Berman, M.D., the Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM) is an inter-departmental center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
On Saturday May 4th, 2013, three breakout sessions were held:
- Gentle Yoga to Start the Day with Bonnie Tarantino, MFA
- Qigong: Reinvigorate Your Body & Mind with Kevin Chen, PhD
- Central Sensitization Syndrome with Gary Kaplan, DO
The Keynote Speaker Dr. Mark Hyman was introduced by the Univ of MD President of the Center for Integrative Medicine, Dr. Brian Berman. See my notes from the keynote.
Five breakout sessions took place simultaneously after the keynote. Life is made up of choices. Choose one not all.
- Change your Brain, Change Your Pain. Dr of Chiropractic Brian Morrison.
- Manual Medicine: John Reed, MD
- Supplement your Dietary Supplement IQ: Chris D’Amato, PhD
- The Science of Mindfulness Meditation: Catherine Kelleher: Sc. D., M.S., R.N.
- Religion, Spirituality and Health: What Science Has to Say about the Faith Factor: Michelle Pearce, PhD
Eight more sessions were held in the afternoon. View agenda to see the breadth and depth of this one day conference. The full agenda of the conference is located here: -Agenda-
I attended the dietary supplement IQ breakout and took a few statistics and details away from the lecture. It confirmed what I already knew from conducting business in the dietary supplement arena and from the education I got at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
If you are at all interested in alternative treatments, therapies and what the scientists have to say about them, use the resources on this website.