Are you guys ready for a little bit of controversy?
Some facts about omega -3 and cancer
- If you Google that, you’ll find A lot of opinions for and against this proposal. But certainly:
- Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the Western world. It’s number two, just behind heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids have long been claimed to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Interestingly studies show that people who consume the most omega-3s have up to a 55% lower risk of colon cancer.
- Additionally, omega-3 consumption is linked to a reduced risk of prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women.
Of course, there are variants in these types of study results, just as there’s variance among lifestyles that people have. Culturally, socially, and society-wise, our new nutrition habits differ. But the bottom line here is to underscore the fact that those who have the highest intake of omega-3 may certainly see a decrease in the risk of some types of cancer.
This only makes sense because omega-3s certainly influence and guide the immune system. Cancer is living in all of us. That’s a fact that cannot be denied. Our immune system, for the most part, takes care of it at the inception. When a cancer cell starts going wild and reproducing, the immune system shuts it down. But for these particular cancers:
- Prostate and
- Breast cancer
Increase the intake of omega-3, live a long and happy life.
Do you have any question?
If you have a question that we have not answered up till now, put the question down below, we will make a video for you.