I woke up with a headache this morning. So I thought I’d do a bit of research:
Taking care of yourself might help ease chronic daily headaches.
- Avoid headache triggers. Keeping a headache diary can help you determine what triggers your headaches so that you can avoid the triggers. Include details about every headache, such as when it started, what you were doing at the time and how long it lasted.
- Avoid medication overuse. Taking headache medications, including over-the-counter medications, more than twice a week can increase the severity and frequency of your headaches. Consult your doctor about how to wean yourself off the medication because there can be serious side effects if done improperly.
- Get enough sleep. The average adult needs seven to eight hours of sleep a night. It’s best to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Talk to your doctor if you have sleep disturbances, such as snoring.
- Don’t skip meals. Eat healthy meals at about the same times daily. Avoid food or drinks, such as those containing caffeine, that seem to trigger headaches. Lose weight if you’re obese.
- Exercise regularly. Regular aerobic physical activity can improve your physical and mental well-being and reduce stress. With your doctor’s OK, choose activities you enjoy — such as walking, swimming or cycling. To avoid injury, start slowly.
- Reduce stress. Stress is a common trigger of chronic headaches. Get organized. Simplify your schedule. Plan ahead. Stay positive. Try stress-reduction techniques, such as yoga, tai chi or meditation.
- Reduce caffeine. While some headache medications include caffeine because it can be beneficial in reducing headache pain, it can also aggravate headaches. Try to minimize or eliminate caffeine from your diet.
Let me add my two cents here: Walking in the fresh air allows you to imbibe more oxygen, which in turn helps circulation. Circulation or blood flow is really the root cause of many health challenges. Are you getting 30 minutes a day. Don’t walk or jog on busy roads, you are not getting clean air and the hydrocarbons in the air will do you no good.
On www.OptimalHealthBridge.com if you spend $150 you can use FIFTEEN to get 15% off.
If you spend $100 you can get 10% off with any of these coupons: VETERAN, SENIOR, WELCOME, HEALTHYU
If you spend $200 or more, take 20% off with TWENTY.
IF you have problems with an order call me at 877-572-3444 either I will pick up if I am at the desk or you can leave a voice mail and I’ll call you back.