I want you to take a minute to consider your smart phone. Think about how many times a day you are reaching for it, looking at it. How lost do you feel if you accidentally leave your phone at home?
How productive are you?
How I use my smart phone
- Time wasters (nonsense games – okay in moderation but you only have so many hours in a day, so don’t be robbed of productivity.)
- Click bait (on every page of content of major media outlets, they are selling space to marketers that bait you into clicking. You should see Tiger’s ex-wife now! You click and you’ll never see what you were promised. The page that comes up is full of ads. Once clicked you are in their clutches. Don’t click on those silly stories.
- Repetitive Stress Syndrome https://g.co/kgs/wxpbp4
- Never look at your phone while driving. If you are using maps, turn on the audio so you can hear the directions.
- Inattention blindness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cznepJAbyg