WARNING: WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT HEART HEALTH CAN KILL YOU!
Debunking the Cholesterol Myth – Live a Life WITHOUT Heart Disease and WITHOUT Using Statin Drugs!
- The media and health experts have been giving out massive misinformation about cholesterol
- High cholesterol and high-fat diets are really NOT the cause of heart disease
- Statistical lies, flawed science, and cherry-picked data are perpetuating cholesterol myths that may be harming your health
- The most effective way to optimize your cholesterol profile and prevent heart disease is via diet and exercise, NOT statin drugs
- The high-cholesterol/heart disease myth began more than 100 years ago
- Today, it is estimated that 50% of the American population have cholesterol levels that fall outside the “accepted” healthy range, and the prevalence of cardiovascular diseasereflects this. However, the idea that cholesterol is a major risk factor for the development of heart attacks and strokes was one that was rejected by the scientific community for decades.
“Anti-aging is a cliché that sells a lot of products. However, everyone ages. A better goal is to age gracefully and with grace and full health.”
Everything you’ve heard about cholesterol being the root cause of heart disease is wrong!
- Yes, it’s true that heart disease kills more people worldwide than any other single cause.
- Yes, it’s true that heart disease kills more Americans than any other single cause.
But it’s blatantly false to say it’s your cholesterol score that makes this so.
The misinformation is the work of pharmaceutical companies that have brainwashed a whole generation of doctors into prescribing statin drugs, using a complicit insurance industry to coerce the medical industry into accepting this flawed theory. Having high cholesterol actually makes you feel good! If your cholesterol is too low, you are more than likely to be depressed. It’s healthy and it’s appropriate in most cases to allow this amazing substance that the liver produces to promote healing and health in the body.
Most heart attack victims who are on statin drugs have great cholesterol scores, 150 or under! How can this be? Lower cholesterol doesn’t stop heart attacks from occurring. Heart attacks can lead to “sudden death” syndrome in about 50% of cases.
Statins actually work against your health!
The 1913 study of cholesterol in rabbits proved only that rabbits don’t eat meat. Rabbits are herbivores. To believe that injecting rabbits with cholesterol which they will not eat in nature, means that cholesterol causes heart attacks in humans is just wrong, illogical and insipid. There is no relationship between that study and human heart disease. A flawed study by a Russian scientist who brilliantly conceived of the notion to see what happens when you inject cholesterol into rabbits, proved to the medical world that cholesterol is the main cause of heart attacks. It’s silly. For more than 50 years, the scientific community has rejected this theory.
If you have been prescribed a statin drug, join the club. Millions of patients have been recently included in the “at risk” group, adding billions of dollars to the pharmaceutical cartels. The race to get your cholesterol lower and lower by means of chemical drugs and influencing the liver to produce less is having tremendous negative side effects including muscle aches, neuropathy, loss of memory and actual weakening of the heart muscle! Unfortunate for you, but it’s been a great run for the pharmaceutical industry. Billions of dollars are spent each year on prescriptions for various statin drugs.
Here’s what happens when you take a statin: The statin medication causes the liver to shut down the pathway responsible for making cholesterol. However, the same pathway produces much needed Co Enzyme Q-10 which was studied as early as the 1950s and seen in the heart muscle as a co-factor in producing energy in every cell. In fact, every muscle cell in the body depends on the mitochondria for production of energy and CoQ10 aids this production of energy on the cellular level. It is truly a catalyst for muscle energy production.
Contrary to this popular myth, cholesterol is also needed and necessary, even vital in many natural bodily functions. It is not the enemy of your heart’s health. Nature did not leave the need for cholesterol to chance, it’s a built in process that is entirely welcomed by the body.
Less worry about cholesterol and more targeting the signs of inflammation in the body are a much better way to monitor for heart disease.
Over abundant or chronic inflammation in the body kills people not cholesterol.
Let me shock you: HIGH cholesterol is associated with LOW deaths and LOW cholesterol is associated with HIGH deaths for men and women, CVD deaths and all-cause mortality. (It’s the same for saturated fat, by the way). http://www.zoeharcombe.com
If I shouldn’t be worried about cholesterol, why are so many people dying of heart attacks and heart disease?
Cholesterol when oxidized by chronic inflammation is where we can get into trouble.
Where does the inflammation come from?
Glad you asked.
- Inflammation comes from the environment.
- Smoke from cigarettes, first hand and second hand.
- Smoke from vehicles. Do you ever see joggers along busy roads sucking deep on the exhaust of rush hour traffic? Stop! Please try to find a clean environment for exercise!
- Heavy metals from contaminated fish and products grown in polluted soil.
- Processed junk food we eat. If the package says low fat, it means high in sugars.
- Even synthetic pharmaceutical drugs can cause horrific inflammation in the body.
- Pharmaceutical drugs always have side effects. Some of which are so hurtful to your health, your doctor will prescribe another drug to counteract the side effects of the first. The leads to a never-ending cascade of drugs being prescribed. It’s not uncommon to see a senior citizen on 6 to 12 drugs daily and have a difficult time to use the bathroom due to all the medications they are prescribed. Unfortunate, uncomfortable but true.
- Inflammation can also be produced by the body in reaction to stress. Chronic stress can elevate inflammation which is why it’s important to have good coping mechanisms and habits in place. There is a mind-body connection that cannot be ignored.
So, if I may be so bold, why don’t we tackle something we can control rather than relying on blood tests that ignore key variables and use a cherry picked number to indicate when you should buy drugs?
The Answer is so simple: Diet, Exercise and Stress Relief.
Diet in the sense that we would want to eat sensibly. Avoid processed junk foods you know that have zero health benefits and develop eating habits that include fresh and raw foods which includes all sorts of colorful vegetables. For those who are not comfortable in the kitchen, all these beautiful vegetables can be added to a blender to make a healthful smoothie.
Include healthy fats in your diet. I can’t think of a more perfect food than avocado. Add it to your daily salad. Rule of thumb: if your grandma wouldn’t recognize it as food, it’s probably not. If it has more than five ingredients or ingredients you can’t pronounce, leave it alone.
Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid the aisles.
Exercise is one of the 4 pillars of health and you need a sufficient amount each day. For most of us, we need to join a gym to get enough exercise. If you are working in an office, get up often and move around. Walk 30 minutes a day if you can. There are two types of exercise that will help with your longevity. Aerobic which simply means to get your breathing rate up along with your heart rate. Rather than long endurance exercise, try intervals: 30 seconds max rate with 90 seconds of recovery. Much easier to do and more beneficial.
Stress is a big problem and you should have or set as a goal to develop coping mechanisms for stress. We are bombarded with stressful situations living in cities and working at jobs. The anxiety levels of our population have skyrocketed in some part due to the internet, 24/7 cable news, incessant advertising. Here’s some simple things you can try:
- Learn to breathe, deeply. It’s a relaxation technique. If you concentrate your mind on your breathing, even for a short time, you are “meditating.”
- Think about good things. If you find your mind wandering into negative territory, gently remind yourself to move back to better thoughts. Remember, your mind is a part of you that is here to serve you. Make sure your thoughts are serving you. Think of new ideas every day. It’s a practice. You don’t need to do anything with the “new ideas.” But you might stumble on one tomorrow that makes sense to pursue!
- Try yoga. If you have never been to a yoga class, try one at a local gym or studio. It’s always hard to try something new but it won’t be new for long. You can practice breathing and relaxing and think of creative ideas while doing yoga.
- Have fun. A good laugh and regular enjoyment in life reduces stress. It’s one of the first things we begin to sacrifice when we take life too seriously.
What should you take to effectively combat heart disease? Now the one thing you can do and it only takes 15 seconds is to get enough Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet via supplementation. Unlike cholesterol, Omega-3s need to be ingested for the body to benefit. The liver does not make Omega-3. It is deemed and labelled by the science community as “essential” because so many health issues revolve around the need for this uniquely healthy fat. It is anti-inflammatory when all other cooking oils are pro-inflammatory.
Like I said, it’s a 15 second act of immeasurable benefit to pop some capsules down the hatch twice a day. Which brand, what potency, how often is pretty simple to understand. Dr Barry Sears who has done the most research on Omega-3 with respect to heart health says 2.4 grams of EPA/DHA, the active ingredients per day, if you are healthy without any heart disease risk factors. More to be taken if there is a diagnosis of heart disease or if there are high risk factors. In our preferred True Omega-3 brand which is one of the highest potencies, it’s two capsules in the morning and two in the evening for the healthy person; three capsules per day in the morning and three in the evening for those facing higher risk factors or have been already diagnosed.
Store bought brand of food grade fish oil which consists of 180mg of EPA and 120mg of DHA per 1000mg capsule, you’d wind up taking many more capsules to achieve the 2400mg dose. True Omega-3 is guaranteed to be 400mg EPA and 300mg DHA per capsule of active ingredient.
The morning dose covers the most stressful part of each day, the rush hour, getting to work and burning mental/physical energy at work. The evening dose before bed ensure that during the first two hours of sleep, while the liver is assessing and producing need cholesterol and hormones, an ample supply of Omega-3 is available in the blood serum.
I pulled out some studies to prove the point:
Study of 11,324 patients Results from one of the largest studies, GISSI Prevenzione Trial show that adding the n-3 PUFAs* (Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) to standard therapy of patients who survived AMI reduces sudden cardiac death (44% risk reduction, p=0.0006). In addition, significant decline in all-cause cardiovascular mortality (21% risk reduction, p=0.0064) further emphasizes the role of n-3 PUFA in cardiovascular prevention. To date, beneficial effects of n-3 PUFA are attributed to their antiarrhythmic, lipid lowering, antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory properties. To conclude, EPA and DHA improve the prognosis of cardiovascular patients in the secondary prevention of sudden cardiac death without any documented side effects.
Study of Eskimo tribesmen Source Massachusetts General Hospital and the Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA.
The first evidence that fish oil fatty acids might have a beneficial effect on coronary heart disease came from the discovery that Greenland Eskimos, who have a diet high in n-3 fatty acids*, have a lower mortality from coronary heart disease than do Danes and Americans.
*n-3 fatty acids is the same as Omega-3 oils which is the same as PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acids)
True Omega-3 comes in 3 sizes: 240 Capsules, 120 Capsules, 60 Capsules
(Total 360 capsules) for $30 off! One time purchase.
(120 Capsules – Regularly $24.95) repeats in 30 days for $19.33 – Free Shipping