Thanks to Sheriff Lott’s Office: http://www.rcsd.net/media/tips/halloweensafety.html
· Slow down in residential neighborhoods and obey all traffic laws.
· Exercise extreme caution when driving a vehicle. Be on the alert for excited youngsters darting out in traffic whose vision may be obscured by masks.
· Enter and exit driveways with caution.
· If you are driving children around the neighborhood, make sure they enter and exit the car on the curbside.
· Drivers should not wear a mask or a costume that makes it difficult to move your arms and legs while driving.
· Designate a driver for “adult parties”.
Parents and Children:
· Report any suspicious or criminal activity to the Sheriff’s Department immediately.
· Use costumes with light or bright colored material and trim.
· Check to see that the costume does not interfere with walking.
· Encourage children to use face paint and/or make-up rather than hoods, wigs or masks that can block vision.
· Teach children not to cut across yards. Clotheslines and yard ornaments are invisible in the dark.
· Do not accept rides from strangers.
· Check all treats before the children eat the candy and other Halloween goodies. Discard any homemade or unwrapped treats.
· Restrict Trick or Treat visits to homes with porch or outside lights on.
· Don’t go into homes.
· Give children a flashlight and fresh batteries so they can see and be seen.
· Children should Trick or Treat in groups, NEVER alone. An adult should accompany children.
· Set a time limit for your children to Trick or Treat. Designate a specific route for them to take.
Children should obey all pedestrian safety laws: wait for green lights, walk, never run into the street, look left, right then left again before entering the street traffic. Cross only at street corners and never between parked cars.
Post By Garey Simmons, CHC (277 Posts)
Garey Simmons is a certified health coach, dietary supplement expert and a member of the American Association of Drug-less Practitioners. Garey turned his health challenges around in just a few months by using Omega-3 oils and other vitamins and supplements, by becoming aware about nutritional remedies to lifestyle issues. Garey is a graduate of the New York Institute of Integrative Nutrition. Garey lives in Baltimore, MD.
Website: → Your Bridge to Health and Wellness
Search This Site
Health and Wellness Blog Articles
- 80% of Americans Make This Mistake
- This is Big
- Thanksgiving and $1 Shipping
- Holiday Preparation and Your Health
- Veteran’s Day To Do List
- Protect Your Liver from Modern Food-Like Substances
- Consistency – Commitment – Accountability: Keys to Success
- Download The American Red Cross Emergency Contact Info Card for Free
- Res-Q 1250 Alternative
- Emergency Information Card
- Personal News October 2013
- I Need Your Stories!
- Whatever Happened to Res-Q 1250
- BMI Calculator
- How To Improve Your Health by 60% Within 2 Hours
- Assessing Your Weight and Health Risk
- Emergency Contact Info Card to Download
- Wiley’s Finest
- 5 Elements of Energetic Health